ABM ELECTS NEW BOARD MEMBERS, EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
San Francisco, May 1, 2012 – ABM, the association of business information and media companies, voted Monday to approve the new Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. The following officers will begin their terms on July 1 for the 2012-2013 fiscal year:
Chair: Jeff Lapin, President, Farm Progress Companies
Vice Chair: Anthea Stratigos, CEO, Outsell, Inc.
Treasurer: Neal Vitale, President & CEO, 1105 Media, Inc.
Secretary: Doug Manoni, CEO, SourceMedia
ABM also voted to approve three new members of the board:Russell Glass is CEO of Bizo, the leader in business audience marketing and the #4 fastest-growing company in the Bay Area. A serial technology entrepreneur, he has founded or held senior positions at four venture-backed technology companies. Prior to Bizo, Glass led the marketing and product management teams at ZoomInfo, a business information search engine, where he sharpened his b-to-b marketing skill set and developed his love for business data.
Jayne Gilsinger serves as the SVP of Planning and Development at PennWell Corporation. She has also served as CEO of PennPoint LLC and as a Director of BPA Worldwide. PennWell Corporation is a highly diversified b-to-b media and information company with 320 profit centers, including 130 print and online magazines and newsletters, 60 conferences and exhibitions on six continents, and an extensive offering of books, research products, digital media and database services.
David Kieselstein joined Penton Media as CEO on January 30, 2012. He previously served as CEO of TNS North America, a division of WPP, which provides high-quality market research insights to Fortune 500 clients in virtually all industries. From 2006 to 2008, Kieselstein led Dun & Bradstreet’s Small Business Division, the company’s largest and fastest growing division. He spent the majority of his career at with Time Warner, where he served in a range of key leadership roles.
Having completed their three-year terms, two members left the board – Robert Biolchini, president and CEO of PennWell Corporation, and Roger Friedman, president of Lebhar-Friedman, Inc.
The following members comprise ABM's board of directors for 2012-2013:
- Frank Anton, CEO, Hanley Wood, LLC
- James Casella, President & CEO, Asset International
- Gary Fitzgerald, Chairman & CEO, Meister Media Worldwide
- Jayne Gilsinger, SVP, Planning and Development, PennWell Corporation
- Glenn Goldberg, President, Commodities and Commercial Markets, The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Russell Glass, CEO, Bizo
- David Kieselstein, CEO, Penton Media
- Jeffrey Killeen, Chairman & CEO, GlobalSpec
- Jeff Lapin, President, Farm Progress Companies
- Joseph Loggia, CEO, Advanstar Communications Inc.
- Doug Manoni, CEO, SourceMedia
- Charles McCurdy, Chairman, Cygnus Business Media
- Marion Minor, CEO, M2MEDIA360
- William Morrow, EVP, Operations, Crain Communications Inc.
- William Pollak, ALM
- Scott Schulman, President, Dow Jones Corporate Markets Group
- Anthea Stratigos, CEO, Outsell Inc.
- Neal Vitale, CEO, 1105 Media, Inc.
- Peggy Walker, President & COO, Vance Publishing Corp.
- Steve Weitzner, CEO, Summit Business Media
Founded in 1906, ABM is positioned at the center of the global b-to-b ecosystem. As the only industry association focused on the integrated b-to-b media model – which includes business information, digital media, events, marketing services and print – ABM delivers intelligence to industry professionals worldwide, including Madison Avenue, Wall Street and the Beltway. ABM's 200-plus member companies reach an audience of more than 100 million professionals and represent nearly 4,000 print and online titles and over 1,000 trade shows, with more than $20 billion in annual revenues. For more information, visit www.AmericanBusinessMedia.com.
For further information, contact:
Manager, Marketing & Communications