Chair: Steve Custer
Executive Vice President/ Chief Operating Officer, Farm Journal Media
The Agri Media Council addresses the additional unique needs for Ag media including focused metrics, research, advertising, participation, etc.
The Agri Media Council's mission is to increase the value of their media offerings to their agri-marketer target audiences, thus enhancing the business growth, knowledge and best practices of leading agricultural companies.
To read the entire Agri Media Council mission, click here.
Agri Media Council Members
To view the titles/companies of ABM's Agri Media Council members, click here.
Featured Resources / Projects
2014 Agri Council/Readex Media Channel Study
The Agri Media Council has premiered the 2014 Media Channel Study.
Every two years, the Agri Media Council develops the Media Channel Survey, which polls agri media end users on their media usage. The 2014 Media Channel Study polled 1,029 farm or ranch owners, operators and managers and found that 97 percent continue to use agriculture magazines and newspapers -- making it the number one resource for information.
This research is conducted with five major goals:
- To continue the periodic examination of usage and engagement with traditional and digital media channels serving the agricultural industry
- To monitor how digital media may be having an impact on traditional media channels
- To look at how farmers and ranchers are using smartphones and tablets for communications purposes
- To understand how age and operator income may yield usage/engagement differences across the channel spectrum
- To help marketers gain further insight as to how an integrated media strategy may be best considered
2014 Agri Media Council Marketer's Survey
The Agri Media Council of ABM sponsored an online survey of marketers in March 2014.
This study aimed to understand how agri marketers feel about the traditional and digital media that serve the industry.
Key takeaways include:
- Respondents indicated in-person events and print advertising do the best job at generating awareness of new products and services.
- Overall, 83% of the respondents said they expect spend levels to stay the same or increase over the next 12 months.
Agri Ad: Reliable Consistent Proven Media
The Agri Media Council developed a new advertising campaign that runs monthly in Agri Marketing Magazine. To view the ad, click the thumbnail.
No matter what study in the last 50 years ... studying any segment of the farm population ... using any number of methodologies and questions ... it is clear that farm publications have been the most consistent source of information for farmers.
Agri Council Intelligence Report
ABM's Agri Council Intelligence Report delivers news, research and case studies, both Ag-specific and related to the overall business media industry, to ag industry marketers, agencies and media companies. To view the archives, click here.
Minutes can be requested by emailing Elizabeth A. Reid, ABM's community & special projects manager.
Jan. 9 -10: The Agri Media Council's Strategic Planning Meeting
During this meeting, the Council reviewed the top-line results from the 2014 Ag Media Study and discussed promotional tools.
April 9, 2014, in Jacksonville, FL (NAMA Conference)
During this meeting, the Council reviewed what it has done to-date to promote the Ag Media Channel Study and future promotion strategies, including a new print and digital ad campaign. The Council also reviewed results from a new ag study that surveys marketers on the value of business media. The new study is similar to ABM's recent Value of B2B report.
July 29, 2014, in Indianapolis, IN (Ag Media Summit)
For more information on the Agri Media Council, email Elizabeth A Reid.