Editorial Working Reception "The changing role of the editor in today's e-media environment"
Dan Bigman, who joined Forbes.com after working six years at NYTimes.com (most recently as associate editor), will headline a unique interactive discussion highlighting how the “new world” of blogs, screencasts, vertical search and RSS feeds is changing the role of today’s editor. Immediately following the event, attendees will have the opportunity to network with Mr. Bigman, and fellow editors over a cash bar.
Mr. Bigman will lead discussions pertaining to:
· How the internet and burgeoning e-centric offerings have altered editorial content and deliverability, revenue opportunities, readership and brand management
· How the role of the editor has changed over the past decade, and what challenges and opportunities lie ahead in the foreseeable future
· Corporate blogging: What’s working, what’s not?
· Vertical Search: The Ins, the Outs, the Opportunities
· What practitioners need to know about delivering audio and video programs via the web